- Dec 15, 2016
Character Animator allows you to animate two-dimensional characters created in Photoshop CC and Illustrator CC applications. Shoot your movements and record your voice with a webcam and microphone. Character Animator tracks your facial expressions and movements in real time, and your smile is passed on to the character.
- New Triggers panel: Show, hide, swap, or cycle through the different parts of your puppet with your keyboard or MIDI device. The new Triggers panel gives you one easy and intuitive way to move your characters. Toggle triggers on and off.
- New Controls panel: The new Controls panel makes easier and more visual. It displays triggers and puppet properties as buttons and sliders – you do not have to remember. It automatically generates button designs from your artwork. And it’s saved with your character and can be shared with others.
- Eyebrow and eye animation improvement: Added rotation and movement to eyebrows give you more expressive characters, from worried to angry to surprised and more. And a new snap eye gaze feature gives you more control of pupil movement.
- Pose-to-pose animation: A new pose-to-pose option smooths out the transitions between your character’s poses for a hand-animated look. Control the amount of smoothing and how long to hold each pose.
- New behaviors: Physics, Layer Picker, and Fader: Trigger a specific layer in a puppet or group with Layer Picker. Fader lets you hide or show specific parts of your puppet. New Physics behaviors include Collide, which enables your puppet to run into and bounce against environmental elements or another puppet.
- Better aligned audio: Waveform displays give you a visual method for aligning audio, and you have roundtrip support with Adobe Audition.
- Better lip sync accuracy: Mouth shapes match more accurately to corresponding sounds with the new lip-sync algorithm. Lip syncs (including edits) created in Character Animator can be copied and pasted into After Effects.
- Rigging and UI enhancements: Import clipping groups from Photoshop, edit more exactly on your timeline, and connect puppet parts with automatic stapling.
- Control surface support: Control your puppet with a MIDI device, not just your mouse and keyboard.
- And so much more: Also includes: Improved walk behavior that supports the bending of toes when walking, visemes that can be edited using keyboard shortcuts, and more.